What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of information, stored in text files, placed on your computer browser. Some cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in cookies generally relates to your browsing habits on this website. Other cookies are deleted when you close your browser and only relate to the working of the website.
Each cookie can only be accessed by the site which has created it.
What cookies are we using
This site uses the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
Session Cookies: those do not store personal information and are used by the site to preserve the visitor’s session state across pages
Third party cookies
Some cookies may be set on your computer by third party sites and systems we may use.
Analytics: We use Analytics to provide us with information on this site. In order to insure we do NOT store personal information through such system we are masking visitor’s IP address through the option settings. The information provided allows us to better understand where visitors come from, what area of our site they like best and some of their behaviours on our site.
All browsers allow you to turn off cookies or to customise your settings for cookies. Should you wish to change those settings please feel free to do so.
Please note that if you turn off cookies or change your settings, some features / functionalities on this site may not work correctly.
How to manage cookies
If you do disable our cookies you may find that certain sections of our website do not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or viewing articles.
How to enable and disable cookies using your browser:
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Click ‘Show advanced settings’
- In the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button
- To enable cookies in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Allow local data to be set’, this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies pick ‘Block all third-party cookies without exception’
- To disable cookies, in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Block sites from setting any data’
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet Options’
- In the options window navigate to the ‘Privacy’ tab
- To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
- To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Explorer. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to the following page from Microsoft: http://windows.Microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
- Select the Privacy panel
- To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Click on ‘Setting’ at the browser menu and select ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Quick Preferences’
- To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
- To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera SoRACware: www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/.
Safari on OSX
- Click on ‘Safari’ at the menu bar and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Click on ‘Security’
- To enable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Only from site you navigate to’
- To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/en/9277.html
- All other browsers